Help, My Husband Sleeps With Prostitutes And Died Of HIV


My husband fell ill about two months ago, for
a while we were not sure what was wrong
with him. But two weeks ago a lab report
gave a shocking revelation which led my
husband to open up. He confessed that for
quite a while he had been patronizing
prostitutes.
The fact that he had contracted HIV was not
my biggest problem, what broke my heart the
most was the charade that had characterized
our marriage of over a decade.
READ ALSO: Confession Of A Lagos
Housewife: I Cheat Because He Comes To
Finish Really Fast
On his sick bed, I heard my Jamie confess
things I wished were not true, but how could
I deny when the evidence was clear.
He spoke on how he had started to patronise
brothels just before we got married and could
not stop afterwards.
According to him, a heartbreak prior to our
marriage, had left him vulnerable and he
sought solace in the arms of the ladies of
the night.
Jamie went on to confess that on certain
nights when I was away either on a night
shift or visit to my parents’ house, he would
return with one of them and on several
occasions they will desecrate our matrimonial
bed.
Like adding salt to injury, my husband
narrated how he even met with some
prostitutes while we were on a trip in Dubai.
The stories hurt me deeply, I am really
devastated. He said it was some demon that
must have taken a hold of him, he said there
was never any intention to hurt me.
I remember some nights when he came home
with some queer fragrance, I recall once I
found condom in his wallet, the signs were
there, but I never noticed.
He passed on a week after his shocking
confession, there was no wasting time in
burying him, I did not want anyone to know
about the cause of his death, it was a
shame.
We don’t have any child and though I am left
with all we acquired together, still I feel so
depressed.
Sometimes I feel like taking my own life,
there is a thought of worthlessness that
takes over me.
I feel that it was my not being woman
enough that caused Jamie to continue
engaging the service of prostitutes.
My mind is perturbed, I have refused to go
for any test, I am scared and don’t want to
be told that I also have HIV.
Please help me, I am confused and do not
know what direction to go, I fear Jamie has
ended my life.L