Dasuki Gate: EFCC Didn’t Ask Me To Return Money – Falae


Chief Olu Falae, the national chairman of the
Social Democratic Party (SDP) has denied
reports in some quarters (not Naij.com) that
the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission asked him to return the N100m
he collected from a former Chairman of the
Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic
Party, Chief Tony Anenih.
READ ALSO: Dasukigate: Presidency Reacts
To Jafaru Isa’ Arrest
The former secretary to the government of
the federation speaking in an interview with
The Punch, said no one had asked him to
return the money, which is alleged to have
come from the former National Security
Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki.
Olu Falae says he hasn’t been asked by the
EFCC to return the N100million Given to him
by Tony Anenih
He said: “(The) PDP gave me money and I
gave the money to the SDP, which has
confirmed receipt of the money. No one has
asked me to return any money.
“I did not tell anyone that I was asked to
return money. The reports showed great bias
towards me.”
READ ALSO: #Dasukigate: Nigerians React To
Jafaru Isa’s Arrest By EFCC
Falae’s statement comes weeks after he
admitted collecting N100 million from Tony
Anenih, a former chairman of the Board of
Trustees (BoT) of the PDP.
He said: “It is true I received the money for
the party and then it was distributed to the
state branches of the party for onward
distribution to other levels of the party.
“The money came through the party’s
account and it was through this account that
the monies were distributed.
“The account is there for everyone to verify. I
can assure you that all the branches of the
party in the states received the money.
“We have over 200,000 people in the party,
am I supposed to go around telling everyone
that I have received the money.
“I have my integrity intact. I was a former MD
of a bank, I was a former minister and a
former secretary to the government of the
federation.
“Once they cannot link us to the Dasuki
thing, they are coming up with all sorts of
things.
“Based on my integrity, these allegations
should be discarded. At 78, what will I be
doing with public funds.”
Naij.com recalls that the money was part of
at least $2.1 billion allegedly diverted by a
former National Security Adviser, Sambo
Dasuki, from arms purchase to politicians.